Bangalore being the MNC and Education hub, has thousands of youngsters migrating to the city every day, looking for opportunities. This has resulted in an increased need for PG and rentals for lodging. So if you happen to belong to that lot of the population traveling to Bangalore and are in need of shelter, there are certain things you need to keep in mind:
Points to take into account while hunting for PG and Rental Housing:
- Based on location – Travelling is really hectic due to the extremely complicated traffic system of the city. So choosing a location closest to your office or college or university is always advisable.
- Based on amenities required – Area, where the property is located, must have all the convenience and amenities. If not, difficulties may arise over time.
- Based on the numbers of persons sharing rooms – Varies from individual to individual. Choose a room as per your comfort level.
Best means to seek help from while hunting for PG And Rental Housing:
- Online – One of the easiest ways to look for housing is definitely the internet. With tons of dedicated rental sites, the internet is a treasure trove of people seeking rooms. Check out sites like – Zolo, Olx, and Quikr to make the process of hunting simple and effective.
- Newspaper – “FREE AD” and “AD MAG” are two awesome initiative of the Bangalore print media, that allows owners to place ads directly for free. The best thing is, the entire paper is divided area wise to avoid confusion. These papers have loads of information regarding rental rooms and PGs.
- Brokers – Though this is a quicker option, it is better not to prefer brokers as they charge quite high commission rates and often manipulates people as per their requirements.
Most PGs require a security deposit (a sum of 1 to 3 months of rent) that needs to be paid in advance. Whereas, if you opt for a flat, the deposit would be a sum of 6 months rent or more. Do make sure you assess the property and the people living there well before finalizing the deal and moving in.
As a side note, Jayanagar, JP Nagar, SG Palya, BTM Layout, Nagawara are a great affordable location for students while Bellandur, Koramangala, Marathahalli, Maruti Nagar and Electronic City are good for the IT sector employees.
Hope this piece of information helps.